Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Live Like You Were Dying

"Someday I hope you get the chance to live like you were dying." sang Tim McGraw in his song
"Live Like You Were Dying." This song really inspires and motivates me to do things that I wouldn't usually do. I think that life is too short to waste it sitting around, and acting depressed.

I am the kind of person that gets VERY attached to my pets. On July 27, 2011, I left Minnesota for a bowing trip in Kentucky. I was having a great time, and I was meeting a lot of new people. When I got some free time, I decided I'd log into Facebook. The first thing I saw in my news feed was a post made by my younger sister that said "Well, looks like it's goodbye forever Babykitty.:(" (Babykitty is cat that showed up at my house in the middle of a thunderstorm when she was only about a month old. I eventually tamed her, and she grew on me as my own!) As soon as I read my sister's post I called her. She said that Babykitty had been attacked, and her back legs were so badly torn up that trying to save her would only make her suffer. At that moment, I felt like I had lost the world. I didn't even get to say goodbye to her before I left, and I felt so crushed. She was put down on July 29th.

When my mom saw me bawling frantically, she told me that the best thing to do was put her down because we didn't want her to suffer. She reminded me of the amazing life I gave her for the past year, and that made me a little more happy. It's still hard for me today not be sad about the accident, but I know that my life is too short to sit around and be sad about the loss of my pet. Every time I think about that day, I remind myself that my life isn't over, and that I should live like I'm dying.

1 comment:

  1. I like this song, too, Amy. I have lost several people at early ages, so I have learned (but still need constant reminding) to appreciate the beauty in each day.

    ReplyDelete